Healthy Cholesterol with Plant Sterols
Your heart beats about 2.5 billion times over an average lifetime, moving millions of gallons of blood to every part of your body. This steady flow carries oxygen, fuel, hormones, other compounds, along with essential cells. It also carries away metabolic waste. When the heart stops, essential functions fail, some almost instantly.
Given the heart’s constant workload, it’s miraculous it performs so well, for so long, and for so many people. But it can also fail, knocked down by poor diet, lack of exercise, smoking, infection, unlucky genes, and more.
Nutrition Reviews researchers from the University of California, Davis, Medical Center, concluded: “Present evidence is accumulating to promote the [plant sterols and stanols] use for lowering LDL cholesterol levels, as a ﬁrst line of therapy (as well as secondary therapy) in patients on statin therapy.”
Phytosterols and Cholesterol
Most people know that we need to be addressing our heart and cholesterol health— but not enough of us are aware that phytosterols, the substance found in a few select plants, and naturally in small amounts in grains, vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, and seeds, actually help to lower your cholesterol. The United States Food and Drug Administration allows claims for phytosterol health beneﬁts, noting that they can reduce LDL cholesterol and the risk of heart disease. Indeed, it’s why we can tell you Miracle Reds may help lower your cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease—because it delivers critical amounts of phytosterols.
Researchers reporting in Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen found that an intake of two to three grams of plant sterols per day “is associated with a 10 percent reduction of total cholesterol and a 13 to 15 percent reduction of LDL cholesterol [unhealthy cholesterol], whereas HDL cholesterol [healthy cholesterol] remains largely unchanged.”
Heart-friendly Miracle Reds® from MacroLife Naturals is more than a great-tasting fruit blend that’s perfect for delivering high-value antioxidants in a complete phytonutrient, anti-aging herbal formula. The high oxygen free-radical absorption capacity (ORAC) supplement base consists of goji berry, pomegranate, açaí and mangosteen—four of the most bountiful antioxidant SuperFruits. Plus it’s loaded with phytosterols, nature’s cholesterol ﬁghters, making it a fantastic heart healthy formula.
In the November 2019 issue of Atherosclerosis researchers showed the long-term beneﬁts of phytosterols. This prospective study of 232 men (with an average age of 60 years) at high risk of heart disease measured the levels of phytosterols in their blood and concluded: “Higher serum plant sterol levels in middle-aged men predicted lower long-term mortality risk, possibly reﬂecting an association between higher synthesis/lower absorption of cholesterol and mortality.”
Vibrant Health Made Easy
With 19 different fruits and an array of herbal extracts, vitamins, minerals, ﬁber and probiotics, MacrolIfe Natural’s Miracle Reds supports heart health and so much more.
Let’s take a look at some of the key ingredients:
- Pomegranate: Evidence suggests pomegranate improves cardiovascular function, brain tissue, bone mass and prostate health. It’s high in polyphenols, carotenes and phytonutrient antioxidants—compounds sorely missing in typical diets.
- Grape Seed Extract: It’s 50 times more potent than vitamin E, and 20 times that of vitamin C. It strengthens connective tissue and improves elasticity of the skin by stabilizing collagen and elastin.
- Goji Berries: Himalayan mountain goji berries contain amino acids and more (non-heme/bioavailable vegetarian) iron than spinach.
- Plant Sterols: As mentioned earlier, studies show that consuming plant sterols provides ground breaking heart protection and signiﬁcant cholesterol-lowering beneﬁts.
- Mangosteen Fruit: This fruit provides xanthones, which are some of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature. These important compounds contain antibacterial, antiseptic and fungicidal properties that support the heart and cardiovascular system, as well as aid in reducing inﬂammation and pain.
- Oat Beta-Glucan Fiber: Oat beta-glucan ﬁber is a biologically active soluble ﬁber that helps lower blood cholesterol and balances glucose and insulin levels.
- Açaí 5:1 Extract: Açaí is a rare fruit found deep in the Amazon Rainforest. It’s a concentrated source of anthocyanins and has a naturally high ORAC value.
- Papaya: Papayas offer a rich source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C, B vitamins and folate. They also contain the enzyme, papain, which aids with digestion. Containing 3 billion non-dairy “friendly bacteria” per serving, that helps with the digestion of foods and also with the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
Loaded with so many powerhouse ingredients, Miracle Reds provides a refreshingly delicious way to do something good for your health and your heart. Enjoy it mixed with juice or water any time of day!